We get you to the cloud… FAST! Our Public Cloud, which we call Public Compute-as-a-Service (Public CaaS for short) enables automated provisioning of virtual servers running Windows or Linux operating systems (OS) in less than 5 minutes. Our public cloud service includes customisable virtual servers, secure cloud networking and up to 2.5 TB of block-based storage per server. Use our web-based user interface or REST-based API for easy automation and integration. We support both hourly and monthly pricing plans.
Dimension Data currently boasts over 15,000 employees around the world. With in-depth local expertise in all our facilities, we rarely have to look further than our resident employees to meet the needs of our local clients. We invest heavily in the construction of technical competencies and certifications in all regions to make certain that wherever you are, your cloud computing demands are met with local project ownership and accountability.
Our Public Cloud pricing plans are simple, affordable, flexible, and come with zero commitment. With our Public CaaS, you only pay for what you use. We allow you to customise CPU and RAM for each server on the fly. For servers that are in a non-running state (stopped), you only pay for the other resources you are still using, such as storage. If you delete a server, you stop paying for it. The pricing listed below is valid for clients who signup online via this site and pay via credit card.
Dimension Data announced the availability of tiered storage options as part of its enterprise-class Public Compute-as-a-Service (CaaS) offering. Public cloud clients can now access three tiers of block-based storage at $0.07 to $0.44 per GB per month, enabling businesses to increase efficiencies in the cloud and significantly reduce total storage cost by matching the level of protection, performance and accessibility of data to the storage media that best suits an application.
The offering uses the EMC VNX storage platform, and is provisioned through a web-based user interface or API, enabling organizations to change the type of storage required for cloud servers on the fly. The new service leverages solid state drives (SSD) to accelerate performance for both the High-Performance and Standard options.
“Dimension Data is committed to providing a high-performance cloud that is easy to use and customize,” said Steve Nola, Cloud Solutions Business Unit CEO at Dimension Data. ”Providing additional options around storage media is an important innovation that enables our clients to leverage the cloud for a variety of applications including high-performance databases, as well as less demanding applications such as archiving, backup and long-term data retention.”
Estou fazendo uma pesquisa sobre a Dimension Data e talvez alguns dados sejam de interesse:
1. O grupo foi fundado em 1983, na Africa do Sul. Atualmente opera em 51 paises, 5 regiões (Middle East & Africa, Europe, Asia Pacific, Australia and the Americas). Durante o periodo foram adquiridas inúmeras empresas (ver aqui: Dimension Data)
2. A ações do grupo são negociadas desde 2000 na bolsa de Londres e desde 1987 na bolsa de Johannesburg.
3. Em 2003 o grupo faturou US$ 2 bilhões. O faturamento de 2012 foi próximo de US$ 6 bilhões (6 vezes a receita da Rackspace)
4. Em 2005 foram premiados com Cisco Global Partner of the Year. Em 1996, tinham sido promovidos a Cisco Gold Partner, um dos seis fora dos EUA. Em 2008 detinha o Cisco Gold Partner em 29 paises.
5. Em 2007, adquiriu o controle da Datacraft Brazil e mudou o nome da companhia para Dimension Data Brazil.
6. Como publicado anteriormente, empregam 15 mil funcionários.
7. Sobre o VPS, a virtualização é VMware, servidor DELL, rede Cisco, SAN EMC.