SINGAPORE — May 21, 2014 — Equinix, the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that DigitalOcean has chosen one of its International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers in Singapore (SG2) to support its expansion into the Asia-Pacific market. This Singapore data center deployment will allow the company to provide its existing customers with greater access to the Asian market and offer its cloud hosting services to the growing developer community in the region.
Clement Goh, managing director, Equinix South Asia
- DigitalOcean is a cloud service provider. It offers fast, agile and secure cloud solutions and a seamless experience for developers with its reliable solid-state drive (SSD) cloud server infrastructure and simplified application programming interfaces.
- Having grown its customer base to 200,000 within three years and with rising demand for its services in Asia-Pacific, DigitalOcean needed a way to rapidly scale to this key emerging region.
- By deploying in Singapore, a fast-growing hub for cloud adoption and hosting services, DigitalOcean can better serve the international developer community and utilize SG2 as a gateway to Australia, India, Southeast Asia and Japan.
- In addition to Singapore, DigitalOcean is also deployed in Equinix data centers in New York, Silicon Valley and Amsterdam.
- Platform Equinix™ provides DigitalOcean with the close proximity it needs to reduce latency to 30 milliseconds compared to 200 milliseconds if connecting via Amsterdam or Silicon Valley. This enables DigitalOcean’s customers to offer their services to companies in the Asia-Pacific region with the highest level of performance uptime.
- Home to more than 975 network providers globally – 190 of which are accessible in Singapore – and with 19 data center locations in key Asia-Pacific markets, Equinix is the optimal choice for cloud providers who are looking to establish a point of presence in the region and better serve their customers with low-latency solutions.
- “By combining Level 3’s network with the Equinix Cloud Exchange, we are making it easier for our customers to grow and improve the efficiency of their business operations with access to a broader range of cloud services,” said Anthony Christie, Level 3’s chief marketing officer. “With pre-established network-to-network interfaces (NNIs) from Level 3 to Equinix, combined with Level 3’s dynamic bandwidth capability, customers can quickly turn up and scale their cloud solutions.”
“As a startup, DigitalOcean needs to maintain an agile and flexible architecture to scale and support its operations and business plans, which Equinix provides. As a result of its global deployment through Equinix, the company’s customer base of developers, from startups as well as mature enterprises, can expect low-latency connectivity and minimal concerns of performance downtime, a key consideration in today’s demand for a constantly connected world.”
Mitch Wainer , chief marketing officer and founder, DigitalOcean
“With our rapidly growing customer base, it is critical that we are able to effectively meet increasing demand for capacity in a timely manner, without compromising on quality of service. Our experience with Equinix has shown that selecting a data center provider that consistently delivers excellent global connectivity and reliable infrastructure is absolutely vital. Deploying in the Equinix IBX data center in Singapore not only allows us to continue providing the highest level of service to existing customers, but also to access new customers in a thriving region.”