Página 1 de 2 12 ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 1 a 10 de 11
    WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010

Ex-dono da BurstNET retorna ao mercado com Smarthost.net

1. I am the Founder and prior PRES/CEO of BurstNET. I stepped down from control of BurstNET on January 6th 2014, and left the company completely in late March. I had absolutely nothing to do with the course of events in the last 8 months, and actually prior to that I was being forced down a path to lead to the outcome as well. At the time that I stepped down, BurstNEt was completely salvageable, and if it was handled differently, would still be operating just fine today. All the relocations and issues were down completely without my involvement and even without my knowledge whatsoever. I feel absolutely horrible with what happened to the client base, but this was not my doing whatsoever. I lost more than anyone with this outcome, including 20+ years of my life that I spent building that company.

2. Yes, SmartHost is one of my new ventures. After taking some time off to clear my head, and get over what happened with my baby (BurstNET), I need to get back in the game, as I have a family to support. Hosting is the only industry I have ever known, and I have as much right as anyone to conduct business in this industry.

3. SmartHost has absolutely nothing to do with BurstNET whatsoever. This is a venture owned by myself alone. Do not confuse Smarthost Internet Services Inc with the new SmartHost, LLC. I personally own alot of domains that I purchases throughout the 1990's, including smarthost.net. Back in the day I started up several websites for selling hosting, inluding burst.net, designspot.com, unrestricted.net, nocster.com, and smarthost.net. They were all run as DBA's of my original business: Shawn's Trading Post. At one point some names were legally registered as we thought of making some official new brands, butthat nevered ended up happening. They all had clientele, but burst.net pulled ahead of the pack by far. I rolled up all the clients into burst.net eventually, incorporated and changed the name of the company officially to BurstNET, and the other websites were all closed down over time. I kept most of the domains since then, and bought some more, in assumption that one day I would sell off BurstNET and start up something new...I just never thought it would be under the present circumstances.

4. The Twitter account and WebHostingTalk accounts are personally registered to me, and were all my postings personally. They go along with me whereever I go. I changed the username names, as I am not posting for BurstNET on them anymore obviously. Also, just like any sales rep I have a rolodex of clients that follows me as well. I did not take the BurstNET Facebook account, as that belongs to BurstNET, not me personally, and was managed by the company. Also, I did not have a non-compete with BurstNET, unlike the rest of the staff, so I am free to do as I please...but that is a moot point now with BurstNET gone anyways.

I changed the Twitter account directly after new management fired me on March 30th 2014, which is the same time they relocated everything to North Carolina. Prior to that I was still employed with BurstNET handling sales only, and was still posting ads/tweets for BurstNET, and had no reason therefore to move my Twitter account away.

I was unavailable to BurstNET clientele after the North Carolina move because i was fired by new management. I can't assist people with matters if I am no longer employed with the company, and haev no informationabout what was occuring myself. I was just as much a victim here as the client base affected, the vendors, leasing companies, banks, and staff. If anything, I lost more than everyone else combined, not just in monetary value, but in 20+ years of my life spent building that company.

Let me be very clear: SmartHost has nothing to do with BurstNET, other than the fact that I used to own/manage BurstNET originally. There is no conspiracy here with me on this, and it's just a guy trying to make a living after getting screwed over. If you knew everything that went on with the new management, you would change your tune, and probably be sticking up for me here, rather than trying to paint me as the bad guy. Suffice it to say that I wish I never met these people at this point, and BurstNET's outcome would have been much much different.
    Do not confuse me with the new management that took over in 2014.

I have not been making the decisions at BurstNET for 8 months now, and rather forced regarding other matters for quite some time prior to that.

The only thing I can be accused of fairly is taking on too much debt for BurstNET (equipment leasing and the new data center facility). However, there is far more that came into play with that, as by themselves, that would not have been a problem. There were mutiple capital raises that failed, that should have provised millions of dollars in growth funds to the company, and taken out the investors that we currently had (the ones that you all met in 2014 and saw the outcome of them contolling the company). One of those capital raise attempts failed at the last moment, as a company being acquired in the deal got cold feet and crushed the deal when they pulled out. The next round failed as well due to still questionable reasons to this day, though I have my suspictions as to why..and if what I suspect is true...it would just blow everyones minds. If we had closed on our capital raises, the outcome would have completely changed. Businesses fail all the time due to lack of capital, it's one of the top reasons a business can fail actually. Beyond that it was a Murphy's Law situation with the new facility, everything possible going wrong: major delays in getting prior tentant to move out, massive delays in fiber installation, and so forth...we lost a ton of money that was just completely unexpected and unplanned for. On top of that, we lost on of our largest clients right at the same time, who ran out on an absolutely massive balance due us, atthe worst possible timing. I can only hope Karma does what it should there.
    https://vpsboard.com/topic/4838-burs...st/#entry69648

Web Hosting Guru
    Data de Ingresso
    Jul 2011
    Voltou rápido ele em. rs

WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010
    Recebi o spam da Smarthost mas não sabia que era dele.
    Última edição por 5ms; 26-07-2014 às 18:41.

Super Moderador
    Data de Ingresso
    Sep 2010
    queria saber ser cara de pau assim....
    Siga-nos em nosso twitter: @wht_brasil

WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010
    O inquérito continua. O depoente insiste que é vitima, que não é responsável. Sei.

I had absolutely nothing to do with the clients getting screwed over, and the final outcome of the company. Sorry, but you could not be more wrong.

The only thing I am guilty of is possibly expanding too quickly, and choosing the wrong investment partners. Anything else was not my doing whatsoever, regardless of what you believe.

Think about it...why would I have done anything like that? What did I gain in any of this? When you realize I gained nothing and am in a horrendous situation now, you should have your answer as to whether I was involved in what occured, and whether my hands are clean or not. Shame on you for your off base accusations and misdirected blame.
    Let's get some answers to a tough questions lots of folks have been wondering everywhere...

0. Are you currently under NDA or other mouth shut legally binding agreement with JW Ray, any of his financial entities, etc. that prevents you now or did in the takeover period from speaking about Burst?

1. Why was Burstnet.eu suddenly back in public and the previous buyer dumping both the name as well as customers under that brand? Was that brand really sold in 2013 or was there something else going on?

2. What was the reason JW Ray and his capital firm were able to takeover Burst.net? Did they literally fashion a legal agreement that was deceptive / fraudulent with you / Burst?

3. When JW Ray and his band of business minded retards skewered your business and proceeded to destroy what you had built, ruin your reputation, beat your customers, why were you utterly silent?

0. NDA, no...threats, you could say that. It was in my best legal interests to stay out of it after I was terminated, or I could have found myself facing even more issues than I already am. After I stepped down as CEO, I was still there handling sales for three months, but completely in the dark about management of the company. I did not find out about the relocation to North Carolina until just before it actually happened, as they attempted to do it behind my back...as with everything else, probably so I did not get in their way and try and stop them. Long story short, for the three months after I stepped down, I still believed that they were going to inject funds and help grow the company, and I played ball, and tried to do anything I could to help the company operate. After that, I was terminated, and it was too late for me to do anything about it.

1. I have no idea. It was legitimately sold off to UKFast, to raise funds for BurstNET in the US, once we had a capital raise fail, to bridge us to another attempt to close on new capital. From what I hear these days, their intent was only to run it a small while, transfer whoever they could to their own platform/pricing, and for the IP address blocks BurstNET EU had. This is only rumours, but makes sense to me. Regardless, this was their legitimate purchase of the EU division, and they can do what they want with it, for better or worse. They struck me as good people though, there at UKFast, so I am sure they had their reasons.

2. Default on payments, and they were a secured creditor. Because of failed capital raises, we were never able to take out our debt with their company, and get rid of them. I am pretty sure some of the things that happened were done behind the scenes, and intentionally made to put us in such a situation. So rather than go thru a whole battle with them to take over the company in a hostile takeover scenario, I simply stepped down, with the understanding they would inject additional capital in the company, and handle a capital raise or sale process of the company thereafter. I honestly thought it was in the best interests of the company, clients, and vendors at the time to go that route, rather than to fight them. Obviously they had other plans, proved to be quite incompetant in running a company in this industry, and they gutted the company for their own benefit at the expense of everyone else involved. They basically killed the golden goose, assuming they were smarter than the people that grew the company to the size it was, and didn't listen to anything prior management had to say, and what advice they had to give.

3. There was not much I could do about it. I was getting sued left and right, and due to the financial situation I was placed in, could not afford to due anything legally at the time against them. I am sure they counted on that. There was also some threats made, that I preferred to avoid consequences of those as well. That is not something I really want to discuss now, as you never know what the future could bring there. Obviously the manner in which they did things is quite questionable, and I know they are being sued for that by other parties already from what I have seen, both their company and personally.

If I knew then, what the outcome woud be now, I probably would have acted differently, but at the time, I thought I was acting in the best interests of everyone involved. Only when it was too late did I find out what type of people I was actually dealing with.
    Última edição por 5ms; 26-07-2014 às 22:34.

WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010
    Questionamentos sobre o SPAM:

@SmartHost - You're still dodging the question of where you gained individuals' email addresses and information, which you went on to use as a sales channel for your new brand.

It is easy to speculate, maybe rightly so, that this comes direct from the BurstNET database. If that is the case, it is concerning to think that your company has ( a ) "stolen" the data from BurstNET, given I highly doubt you have permission to hold it - and ( b ) that you'd go ahead and breach the privacy rights of said people by not only having a copy, but utilising it.

Given that your new brand has only just surfaced, I don't see anywhere legitimate this mailing list could have risen from.

So, without dodging it further, why don't you simply answer where you gained the data from, and how you have a right to utilise it in any manor?

You're hardly making the innately poor brand image you immediately hold through the BurstNET fiasco (rightly or wrongly) any better by mass mailing people from the off without their permission (read: subscription) to do so.
    Obviously, he has a dump of the Burst.net client's information from the database.

Also obvious that these emails that were sent were unsolicited and is in fact spam.

And, provided that the above are in fact true, why would he respond to any questions that could complicate him legally? More than likely that it was Friday night, and he that brain farted and decided to send spam using client information stolen from Burst.Net.

If the law enforcement agencies are doing what they are supposed to be doing, Then if one desires to take action regarding his/her personal information being illegally obtained without consent, then subsequently mis-used / distributed ( or whatever). Simply file a complaint with relevant agencies and be done with.

WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010
    Eita, o pessoal não perdoa mesmo hehe
    Alexandre Silva Hostert

Veezon
    Gerenciamento de Servidores

http://veezon.com.br
    http://br.linkedin.com/in/alexandreveezon

WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010
    Precisa dar um desconto, porque é tudo vendedor de mariola da pior qualidade incomodado com o retorno de um concorrente que é melhor em tudo.

Moderador
    Data de Ingresso
    Oct 2010
    Citação Postado originalmente por 5ms Ver Post
    Precisa dar um desconto, porque é tudo vendedor de mariola da pior qualidade incomodado com o retorno de um concorrente que é melhor em tudo.
    Principalmente o povo fresco em receber email de propaganda. O que esse povo mais quer é saber o que os outros estão oferecendo (e por quanto) e como abordam o cliente, bancar a vítima do email indesejado é apenas personagem de novela mexicana.

Quero ser Guru
    Data de Ingresso
    Feb 2011
    é simples asim? sai ali e abre aqui?

Permissões de Postagem