var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px');
[EN] Who Leased the Most Data Center Space in 2015?
Última edição por 5ms; 02-02-2016 às 21:54.
This graph depicts turn-key space that is built-out in Multi-Tenant Data Centers (MTDC)
Issues Impacting Data Centers During 2015/2016
- Cloud leasing has not adversely affected wholesale leasing . In fact, it has contributed to making 2015 one of the best leasing years ever consistent with 2014.
- Significant Merger & Acquisition activity with multiples hitting 16xEBITDA.
- Telecommunication companies divesting of datacenters include Windstream, CenturyLink, Verizon, and AT&T.
- Construction activity will be strong in 2016 with a couple of large new Multi-Tenant Data Centers (MTDC) as well as fulfilling 2015 leasing.
- We anticipate a slowdown in leasing activity leading up to the election particularly by enterprise users.
- Oregon & Nevada have seen an uptick in tenants in the market and had leasing activity to reflect the same.
- Virginia will continue to do well with recently built outspace and new MTDC’s to be announced
- Minneapolis and Houston both had a significant number of new datacenters open in 2014 & 2015;given limited demand we are already seeing a drop in rates in those markets.
- Santa Clara had to pleasing year since 2011 and will have limited supply in 2016.
- Limited supply in Chicago and to a lesser degree Dallas will hinder leasing activity during first half o f2016.
- Increase in landlords developing N solutions to meet tenant demand.
- We anticipate an increase in sale leasebacks of corporate datacenters.