Resultados 1 a 7 de 7
    WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010

[EN] New Outlook.com Premium: custom domain accounts

A Microsoft spokesperson confirmed that the company is piloting Outlook.com Premium and evaluating the return of a modified custom domain service.

Mary Jo Foley
    February 18, 2016

Microsoft is piloting a new version of its Outlook.com email, known as Outlook.com Premium.

Outlook.com Premium seems to be different from the current ad-free Outlook.com service that Microsoft currently sells for $19.95 per year. Ad-free Outlook.com, the successor to Hotmail Plus, removes graphical ads; no need to log in to keep an account active; and free technical support.

Microsoft isn't talking about when and whether the company plans to roll out Outlook.com Premium or how much (if anything) it will cost to subscribe.

But one of the features to which Outlook.com Premium testers have access is the ability to set up new custom domain accounts. Microsoft began winding down custom domain support in Outlook.com in 2014. While existing Outlook.com custom-domain holders were able to retain existing custom email addresses, Microsoft stopped accepting new registrations for the service and no longer allowed those with custom email addresses to add or remove addresses.

"Outlook.com Premium is not an existing offering, it is an experiment that we are piloting. We're always investigating new features based on the wants and needs of our users, and we have nothing more to share at this time," the spokesperson told me after I asked about this Web page, brought to my attention by a reader.

On the custom domain front, the spokesperson said:

"We are evaluating interest in custom domains for Outlook.com. At this time, we are testing with a limited number of users in the United States and will evaluate the experience over time. The previous program required the user to manage the process of purchasing a domain. We are evaluating the appeal of custom domains but with Microsoft managing the processes of procuring the domain."

In other Outlook.com news this week, Microsoft removed the "preview" tag from its updated Outlook.com experience, but still has yet to roll out the updated service to many.

---

Microsoft officials said in May 2015 that they'd be updating Outlook.com with new features that would make it look and feel more like "real" Outlook. The plan was to bring Outlook and Outlook.com closer together so that users feel like there are fewer differences between these two different email products that are both called "Outlook." The move was similar to what the company is doing in terms of bringing together Skype and Skype for Business (Lync), and OneDrive and OneDrive for Business.

In August 2015, Microsoft expanded the very limited number of users who had received the new Outlook.com preview. As of Febraury 2016, Microsoft is continuing to roll out the updated service worldwide. Microsoft officials said this week that they are rolling out the new experience "to millions of users each week."

Brand-new Outlook.com users get the new version of Outlook.com upon sign up in North America and in the coming weeks in other parts of the world. Existing Outlook.com users: Microsoft still is saying we'll get the updated version of the service "soon." Existing Outlook.com users don't need to do anything; settings and data will be automatically transferred. Users' Outlook.com email addresses will remain the same.

I asked Microsoft if existing Outlook.com users can opt out or are able to get a heads-up before they are transferred. I believe the answer on both of these is no, but I still have yet to hear back.

As Microsoft officials said last May, the updated Outlook.com is "powered by Office 365," which means it will share some of the same platform-level components -- though not actually use Exchange on the back-end like Outlook does.

The new Outlook.com also will include not just features announced in May 2015, but also add-ins announced late last year, such as suggested contacts and automatic flight notifications. Add-ins for Uber, PayPal, Evernote, Wunderlist and other apps are also going to be part of the new experience, as announced last August.
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...email-service/

WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010

WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010

WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010
    Última edição por 5ms; 26-02-2016 às 11:21.

WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010

FAQ Outlook.com Premium *Pilot*

Managing Outlook.com Premium personalized email

The Outlook.com Premium Preview offers a personalized email address for you to create and manage. We're here to help you get started.

What happens after I sign up for Outlook.com Premium?

You should receive a welcome email message about five days after accepting the offer for Outlook.com Premium or Office 365 with a personalized email address. Choose the Get Started button in the email to go to the Outlook.com Premium Domain Dashboard.

Several email domain names will be proposed. A domain name is the part of the email address, appearing after the @ symbol. If your email address is mia@contoso.com, for example, contoso.com is your domain name. You can choose one of the options listed or enter your own personal email domain name. Choose the Check Availability button to make sure you can use the option of your choice.

After confirming the new personal email address, that address will now be your default From address when composing email. Your original address is still active too. Choose Go to Inbox to return to your email account.

Remember to keep your welcome email to get back to the Outlook.com Premium Domain Dashboard, or bookmark the address in your browser.

Using your new, personalized email address

When composing a new message, choose the arrow next to the From address to see your new personal email address and original email addresses as options.

Note If your From address isn't displayed, choose More ... > Show From.

You'll continue to sign in to your Outlook.com email account with your original email address and password. If you want to set up your personalized email address so you can use it to sign in to Outlook.com and other Microsoft services, see Using your personalized email address to log in to Microsoft services.

Managing your default From address to send emails

When you create a new, personalized email address, that address becomes the default From address for all of your email messages. You can manage your default email address from the Outlook.com Options page.

1. On the Outlook.com navigation bar, choose Settings > Connected accounts
    2. In the From address section, choose Change your From address and pick the email address that you want to use as your default address.

Using your personalized email address to sign in to Microsoft services

You may want to use your personal email address to sign in to Outlook.com and other Microsoft services. Choose Set as Login ID on the Outlook.com Premium Domain Dashboard to set up your new personal email address as a Microsoft account alias.

1. Sign in to My Account.
    2. At the top of the page, choose Your Info
    3. On your profile page, select Manage your sign-in email and phone number.
    4. Under Add an alias, choose Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias.
    5. Enter your personal email address, and then choose Add Alias.

You'll receive an email to validate your personalized email address as a new alias.

For more information about account aliases, see Add or remove an alias for Outlook.com.

After setting your new, personalized email address as an alias, you can sign in to any Microsoft service with your personal email address and the same password that you use for your Outlook.com account.

Important You should keep your original Outlook.com email address as an alias on your account. Don't remove it.

Office 365 Home – Inviting others

If you purchased Office 365 Home with a personalized email address, the Outlook.com Premium service will allow you to invite up to four other individuals to create personalized email addresses. You can remove and add others—within the limit of five users—to the email domain as needed.

1. Use the link in your welcome email message to return to the Outlook.com Premium Domain Dashboard.
    2. If necessary, sign in with the Outlook.com account that you used to set up your personalized email address. If you made your personal email address an alias for your Outlook.com account, you can sign in with your personal email address.
    3. Enter the name and email address for each invitee, and then choose Submit to send the invitations.

Each invitee will receive your invitation to set up a personalized email addresses using your personal email domain name. In the email message, invitees should choose the link provided to go to the Outlook.com Premium Domain Dashboard.

Accepting an invitation

The Outlook.com email service is being upgraded to a new Office 365-based infrastructure. Some Office 365 accounts have already been upgraded. Others will be upgraded in the next few months. All email accounts with @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @live.com, or @msn.com addresses use the new infrastructure.

• Outlook.com account upgrade complete
      If your invitee is using an upgraded Outlook.com email account, a personal email address with your email domain name can easily be created. Your invitee also can use their personal email address as an alias for their Office 365 email account by choosing the link Set as Login ID. For more information about account aliases, see Add or remove an email alias in Outlook.com
    • Outlook.com account upgrade pending
      If you invite a family member or friend who has an Outlook.com account that hasn't been upgraded, they can't use their account to add an email address with your personal email domain name. Your invitee has one of two options—wait a few days to see if their Outlook.com account is upgraded or set up a new Microsoft account to use with the personal email domain name you created.
    • Outlook.com isn't the primary mail service
      If you invite a family member or friend who uses Gmail or Yahoo as their primary email service, for example, the invitee will be prompted to set up a Microsoft account before adding the email address that uses your personal email domain name.

WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010

(cont)

Information about your personalized email address

Microsoft has partnered with GoDaddy to supply the email domain name you choose to power your personalized email address. Personal email domain names are subject to availability and GoDaddy’s terms. Microsoft has paid for the first year of support with GoDaddy for the domain name you choose. Your personal email domain name does not renew with your Outlook Premium or Office 365 annual subscription. After the first year, you can renew the domain name on an annual basis directly with GoDaddy or another domain name registrar of your choice after the first year. Additional charges may apply. You'll receive a notice to renew the domain name registration shortly before the one-year anniversary of your subscription.

If you decide to discontinue use of your personal domain name, Microsoft will provide you with the option to close your domain on the Outlook.com Domain Dashboard. If you close your domain, then you and other members of your personal domain will stop receiving email at your personal email addresses. You'll continue to receive email at your original email addresses.

Subscription renewals and cancellations

Outlook.com Premium subscriptions

• Will my personalized email address remain active if I renew my Outlook.com Premium subscription?

Personalized email addresses are offered only for the first 12 months with your Outlook.com Premium subscription. Your personalized email address does not renew with your Outlook.com Premium annual subscription. After the first year, you can keep the email address active by annually renewing the domain name directly with GoDaddy or with a domain name registrar of your choice after the first year. Additional charges may apply.
    • Do I lose access to my personal email domain name if I cancel my Outlook.com Premium subscription?

The personalized email address included with your Outlook.com Premium subscription lasts for 12 months only. If you cancel your Outlook.com Premium subscription, your personalized email address ends after the first 12 months unless you renew the domain name annually directly with GoDaddy or with a domain name registrar of your choice.
    • What happens to my personal email address if I cancel my subscription and don't renew the domain name with a domain name registrar?

If you don't renew your domain name with GoDaddy or with a domain name registrar of your choice after the first year, you and the other members of your personal email domain will stop receiving email at your personal email addresses. You'll continue to receive email, however, at your original email addresses.

Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscriptions

• I am currently enrolled in Office 365 Home trial subscription. Will I lose my personalized email address at the end of the 30-day trial if I don't upgrade to Office 365 paid subscription?

No. The personalized email addresses offered with Office 365 Home trial subscriptions are active for 12 months even when you don't upgrade to a paid subscription at the end of the 30-day trial. Your personalized email address expires 12 months after signing up for the subscription. After the first year, you can keep the email address active by annually renewing the domain name directly with GoDaddy or with a domain name registrar of your choice. Additional charges may apply.
    • Will my personalized email address remain active when my Office 365 annual subscription renews?

Personalized email addresses are offered only for the first 12 months with your Office 365 subscription. Your personalized email address doesn't renew with your Office 365 annual subscription. You can keep the email address active by annually renewing the domain name directly with GoDaddy or with a domain name registrar of your choice after the first year. Additional charges may apply.
    • Do I lose access to my personalized email address if I cancel my Office 365 subscription?

The personalized email address included with your Office 365 subscription lasts only for 12 months. If you cancel your Office 365 subscription, your personalized email address won't continue after the first 12 months unless you annually renew the domain name directly with GoDaddy or with a domain name registrar of your choice.

Personalized email address domain name registration

• What will happen if I don't renew my personal email domain name registration?

If you don't renew your personal email domain name, you'll lose ownership of the domain name. The domain name registrar might sell the domain name to another buyer after the completion of a grace period. Loss of domain name ownership will impact your personalized email addresses associated with the domain name. You might not be able to receive or send emails by using the email addresses associated with the domain name.
    • Will I lose access to my Inbox if I don't renew my personal email domain name registration?

No. You can access your existing email messages by signing in to the Outlook.com account using the address and password corresponding to your Microsoft account.
    • Can I send or receive emails to my personalized email address if I don't renew the domain name registration?

No. Loss of ownership of the personal domain name deactivates all the email addresses associated with the domain name. If you choose not to renew your personal domain name, you may send emails by using the email address associated with your Microsoft account. You might also consider informing your contacts to send emails only to the email address associated with your Microsoft account.
    • I currently share my personal email domain name with additional users. How will these users be impacted if I don't renew my domain name registration?

If you don't renew your domain name, you'll lose ownership of it. Loss of ownership of the domain name deactivates your personalized email address as well as additional personalized email addresses associated with the domain name. Users sharing your personal domain name can access their Outlook.com Inbox and all existing email messages by signing in to their personal email account. They'll use the email address and password associated with their personal Microsoft account.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US
    Última edição por 5ms; 26-02-2016 às 11:23.

WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010
    On the custom domain front, the spokesperson said:

"We are evaluating interest in custom domains for Outlook.com. At this time, we are testing with a limited number of users in the United States and will evaluate the experience over time. The previous program required the user to manage the process of purchasing a domain. We are evaluating the appeal of custom domains but with Microsoft managing the processes of procuring the domain."
    Se o produto for aprovado, deveria se estender aos cTLDs.

BTW o MS Azure oferecia no serviço "Sites" uma opção de hospedagem gratuita (e instalações 1-click). Não sei se essa gratuitade ainda está disponivel.
    Última edição por 5ms; 26-02-2016 às 11:40.

Permissões de Postagem