BROOMFIELD, Colo., Feb. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Level 3 Communications, Inc. continues to invest in its managed security portfolio by opening its first Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) scrubbing center in São Paulo. The new scrubbing center signifies an expansion in the company's security service functionality for Latin America and the availability of additional dedicated security personnel for the region. Customers will benefit from improved network performance and reduced network latency from the expansion.
Level 3's security solutions provide layers of defense through enhanced network routing, rate limiting and filtering that can be paired with advanced network-based detection and mitigation scrubbing center solutions. All of Level 3's security solutions benefit from the global threat intelligence derived from the company's expansive view of the threat landscape. The opening of the São Paulo scrubbing center arrives on the heels of the launch of Level 3's European Security Operations Center, located in London. In 2016, Level 3 will continue to expand its global security offerings and functionality.
- Level 3 DDoS Mitigation Service is carrier agnostic and pulls customer traffic into Level 3's globally located scrubbing centers for cleansing before forwarding legitimate traffic through a private connection or the public Internet.
- The company's vast DDoS ingest capacity, 4.5 terabits per second, provides a high capacity, low latency solution.
- This is Level 3's ninth scrubbing center. Other locations include: Frankfurt, Amsterdam, London, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C.
- 24/7 Security Operations Centers around the globe detect anomalies in volumetric flows, perform impact analyses, notify customers of threatening conditions and then help them mitigate the issue.
- The São Paulo scrubbing center provides more efficient mitigation of attacks, helping customers in the region recover from malicious activity with less downtime.
- 12 percent of DDoS attacks target Latin America, according to the Level 3 Threat Research Labs report Safeguarding the Internet.
Chris Richter, senior vice president of global security services at Level 3
"DDoS attacks originating in Latin America are growing in frequency, complexity and size. Adding the São Paulo location to our diverse scrubbing-center footprint allows Level 3 to better help customers in the region predict, detect and mitigate malicious activity while reducing latency and improving overall network performance and customer experience. Our security services can support enterprises both big and small as they expand to reach customers throughout the region and around the globe."
Hector Alonso, regional president of Latin America at Level 3
"Level 3 continues to invest in the Latin American region and enhance its product solution set to meet the needs of customers in the region. The addition of a DDoS scrubbing center and corresponding personnel will provide enterprises in the region additional security support to navigate the ever-changing threat landscape."