Resultados 1 a 3 de 3
    WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010

WSI e DataShack encerram colo

March 3

We never did a lot of colo. Our business is based on volume and dedicated servers are much more profitable than colo.

We currently refer any colo inquiries we receive to either JCHost or Accuserv.

We gave them the Oak facility and everything in it. All the network gear, power gear, racks and all the customers that were there. The only thing we got in return was that they assumed the lease.

That should tell you how much we liked colo.

>Mun said: AaronW when are the customers at datashack / WSI going to be notified of the new ownership? Will we be moved to a new panel? Actually, why hasn't any info been stated to the customers at all as of right now?

Only the colo customers of WSI (& DS?) got moved to another company and i'm pretty sure those who were affected by it, got a heads up so they could stay in the same DC with a new owner/company or move.

If you're referring to something else (upcoming change of ownership?) then my above answer is of no use.

Aaron Wendel - Wholesale Internet, Inc.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussio...omment_1584860
    Última edição por 5ms; 17-03-2016 às 18:12.

WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010
    March 4

>MrGeneral said: No colocation plans with them now. So, you can only rent servers which, for example the E5, no one can beat their prices. It's unrealistic. But here I am just questioning, I don't want them to disappear. Aaron knows I enjoy their service, and being a very old customer, established some sort of affection for WSI.

Several years ago we decided to lease some servers through a leasing company that handles everyone from Volumedrive to Softlayer. We ran into some snags because the credit people kept questioning our financials. When I asked our leasing guy about it he said that they couldn't believe how high our margins were and that was why they thought we were cooking our books. He said our margins were the highest they had ever seen in our business. We had to jump through a bunch of hoops to prove to them that we weren't trying to scam them but finally they realized the numbers were accurate.

We're doing okay. Our prices are very sustainable.

>zrunner said: Only the colo customers of WSI (& DS?) got moved to another company and i'm pretty sure those who were affected by it, got a heads up so they could stay in the same DC with a new owner/company or move.

DS dumped it's colo over a year ago. It used to be colo only, before it was called DataShack.

We officially ceased servicing colo clients located at the Oak facility on February 1. If you weren't notified then you were at the Clay facility and we kept you. It was mainly local colo at Oak.

WHT-BR Top Member
    Data de Ingresso
    Dec 2010

off-topic: E5's

>black said: That's a lot of E5's.

I think that's the first batch which would be about 500 of them.

>black said: Do you mind giving full specs such as ram, harddrive, bandwidth, etc of the E5 for $50?

So what's going to happen is this: On Monday we're going to put the servers online with the 96GB RAM and the 1TB SSDs for $99. Once those are going I'm going to set up a rack with the $49 servers. Probably a few days later. Then, as promised, I will post a link here to them. They won't be on the website. That way my new LET friends will get first crack at them.

When I post the link, I'll have the full specs. They will have 32Gb RAM and a 240GB SSD.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussio...omment_1584860

Permissões de Postagem